As our Technology Lead, you’ll lead our Engineering team in developing high-quality, resilient solutions using best coding practices, code quality, and engineering principles such as test-driven development, clean code, automated testing, code review, deployments, continuous integration, and continuous deployment. You’ll serve an expanding international customer base and effectively communicate technical trade- offs, complexities, and design options while collaborating with a remote team located worldwide. Ideally, you reside in Africa or Asia.
- Develop and review code using Java, Spring, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQS, and AWS
- Architect, design, and develop projects from end to end
- Guide teams in decision-making regarding architecture, patterns, tools, frameworks, and languages
- Stay current with emerging technologies through active learning and experimentation with new open-source libraries
- Develop a strong understanding of key agile engineering practices to guide teams and contribute to the growth and improvement of our engineering practices, building on our automated testing, continuous integration, and continuous delivery practices
- Collaborate with other engineers to prioritize and ship features
- Partner with Product Managers to scope and estimate new work
- Troubleshoot production environment issues
- Work with systems deployed on AWS cloud
- Proven experience as a Technology Lead or a similar role
- Proficient in Python, Java, Spring, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQS, and AWS
- Strong understanding of agile engineering practices
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to work effectively within a globally distributed remote team
Benefits and Culture
- Opportunity to work with a dynamic, global team of passionate professionals
- Remote work arrangement, allowing for flexibility and work-life balance
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Opportunities for growth and advancement within the company
- Chance to contribute to the development of innovative fintech solutions that make a real impact on people’s lives
Almond FinTech is a B2B technology company making financial services affordable and accessible to people around the world, regardless of income. Through our multi- blockchain cross-border transfer protocol, we remove financial barriers and deliver transfer and credit scoring tools that empower everyone, everywhere.
With financial institution partnerships across the world, our remote team is growing globally and we’re seeking to add more smart and talented people. This is an amazing opportunity to get in on the ground floor with a team focused on both social impact and a significant market opportunity.
If this job description aligns with your qualifications and career aspirations, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity! Please send your resume, salary range, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer
Almond is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. We celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive environment for all employees.